Skip to main content
The application window is now closed.
Please check back in Spring 2023.
Application DetailsYou will apply through an online form. The application consists of the following requirements
that you can prepare ahead of time and then upload:
- Copy of Official High School Transcript (PDF Upload)
- Names and contact information for two (2) references who can provide a letter of reccomendation.
Request letters of recommendation well in ADVANCE of actually submitting your application
so they have time to write the letter.
- Resume (1-2 pages) [prepare a separate file for upload]
- Essay (2 pages maximum, 1 inch margins, double space, times new roman 12 pt font):
- Describe your career goals.
- Describe some of your personal characteristics and how those qualities will help you
succeed as a STEM student at the University of Georgia.
- Describe how your participation in UGA ESTEEMED will benefit you and contribute to
the program’s overarching goal of broadening participation of underrepresented ethnic
minorities in STEM.
To be eligible, applicants must be first-year students at the University of Georgia
- are from a group that is underrepresented in the sciences:
- individuals who identify as Black or African American, LatinXor Hispanic American,
American Indian, Native Hawaiian, Alaska Native, and from groups indigenous to the
Pacific Island territories of the United States; OR
- invididuals with disabilities, who are defined as those with a physical or mental
impairment that substancially limits one or more major life activities, as described
in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended.
- will pursue a STEM major;
- have committed to the University of Georgia;
- and will begin their studies in Fall 2023.